A number of years ago, after Anita, my wife, passed, and after I bought my place in Bountiful, I began to wonder about my future and its relationship to the economy. I decided that I needed a rainy day fund that would be independent of banks, government regulations, etc, so began over a period of several weeks to put cash away for such a rainy day.
Prior to this time, Randy, my son, gave me a combination safe that was part of a demolition where he worked. His employer gave it to him but it needed a new combination which he obtained from a dealer in combination safes. It was extremely heavy, but with the help of Kevin we got it to Overton where my winter home is located. It was in this safe that I put away the cash that I collected over the year. I apparently forgot that I had put it away as I never opened the safe to view the contents.
I started this bog entry a number years ago and I have almost forgotten the punch line. But the essence of this entry was that I needed several thousand dollars while in Overton and one day when my Shauna was over we decided to clean out the safe because I was going sell out and move. I had totally forgotten the saving I had and when discovered the cash it was like money from heaven.
1 comment:
That was truly a surprise and a blessing as you needed the money!!
Post a Comment