My Mom
As we
approach another year of celebration, both for the love of our Savior and
birthdays, I feel a definite void in my life. It’s been such a treat my whole
life to share my birthday with Mom, albeit a day apart we still always had a
celebration with Seth, Cole myself and Mom. Of course, Mom always being the most
important!!! As it should be!
This year is
so different and so vacant for me and I believe I speak on Seth and Cole’s
behalf as well. We looked forward every
year to the “big” party and gathering with our loved ones to celebrate life and
relationships. Things have definitely changed for all of us this year, but I’m
finding it to be especially sorrowful at this time. I’m not trying to be
selfish because we all are grieving in our own way.
I miss her!
I miss everything about her. I loved how Mom would always tell me I was the
greatest birthday gift she ever received. I miss her silly quirks, her
beautiful laughter! How she could bring life to a room with her gift of gab and
the beautiful way she made each of us feel welcome. The way she always made us
all feel so special during our birthdays. I miss picking up the phone and
talking to her when I’m down, and her never ending compassion and support. I
could always open up to her and really let her see me, and she always
understood how I felt. She had wonderful analogies and tied them into what I
was feeling or aching over. She loved my children! She adored every moment she
had with them. Seth and I just spoke last weekend, and he expressed just how
much “Grandma always had my back”. He said he always felt she would be there
for him no matter what. Mom taught me that quality.
Mostly, I
miss the structure of our family unit. How things will never be the same
without her. Not to discount Daddy, but Mom was truly the glue that held us
together. She made us better siblings to each other. She asked us to always
forgive each other and to see the good in one another. I find it sad that I’m
just now appreciating how it felt to walk into her presence.
I love you
Mom, you are never far from my thoughts. You are always in my heart! I’m
grateful that one day we will reunite and I will again see the beauty of you,
my wonderful mother.
Erin
3 comments:
Erin, you express the loss of your mother very accurately and much better than I. It was a great tribute to her and , I'm sure reflects the feelings of your siblings.
Very well said Erin! A beautiful tribute to our mother. I miss her greatly this first Easter/birthday without her. Love to all, Kev
Thanks so much for reading it Kev! But most importantly commenting to let me know! :-)
Post a Comment