Friday, April 20, 2012

What a Treat

I can't even express my elation when I read Dad's blog and learned so much about my Mother. I treasure Dad's autobiography so much and to finally hear some of Mom's stories has brought me jjoy. I love thinking that my parents were much like me, in that they had thoughts and feelings. Hurt feelings, joyful experiences. We forget as children that our parents are people too! Thank you to my wonderful Father who has given me the "passion" and "want" to know all about my ancestors. He has been a wonderful example. In so much that he is writing a book about my "in-laws" and being a part of watching the joy it has brought to my husband. I know all the Giandomenico's will cherish it. My boys are at an age where they don't appreciate it yet, but they will be so grateful to their grandfather for it.
I love my Mom & Dad and all the wonderful and fun things they have taught me. Now, I get the priviledge of trying to give back to them! How will that ever happen, after ALL they have given to me. But I sure enjoy trying!!! All my love!! Erin

No comments: