Some years ago I published a history of one of my great grandfathers, Michael Bennett, he immigrated to the United States about 1850. He was born in Poland and since he was married by a Jewish Rabbi, I assumed he was a Polish Jew. As discussed in his history, he no doubt changed his name to an English name. His wife, Bertha Ettinger, was of the same religious background and may have come from the same general European area which was called Prussia. How they met or became acquainted is unknown. They had a large family, fifteen children, many of which died at an early age. Nevertheless, Michael has hundreds of descendants. As many of those as could be identified are given in my historical account.
The Bennett history was published as a CD and I sent it to a few of his descendants. With the exception of one or two few have expressed an interest in this history or have the time to contribute to it. I have sufficient information to publish histories of other grandfathers, James Potter Armstrong, Henry Elliott Gibson, Francis Harvard Brooks, and others, but I hesitate to go to the same degree of effort due to the lack of interest. I have established a Genealogy Blog where at various times I have published some of my on-going research, or bits of information that may be of interest. My present thinking is that I will from time to time publish in my Blog historical information regarding my fathers for those persons who have an interest in going to my Blog and reading what is there. RHB
No comments:
Post a Comment