Side Line Research
The research on the Armstrong families and the Brooks family is at a stand still at the present time. It seems reasonable to give consideration to other families that are connected to our lines, but not directly connected. An example of a family that I am currently giving consideration to is the Hall Family. A great Uncle, John Armstrong, married a woman by the name of Malinda Hall. John was last son to be born to Catharine and James Potter Armstrong. If one will go to the PHP Gedcom site, the relationship between ourselves and the Hall family can be easily seen.
Isaac Hall was the father of Malinda and after his wife passed away he lived with his so-in-law, John Armstrong. Isaac was one of seven children of the William Hall and Mary Cook Family. Mary’s father was Captain John Cook, a Revolutionary war veteran, from New Jersey where he entertained General George Washington while General Washington was in New Jersey. My research will probably end with the William Hall and Mary Cook Family and with as many of their grandchildren as I can find.
Isaac Hall was married several times, but I will probably conclude my research with his first wife, Hannah Crawford. Coincidently, William Irwin Armstrong, John Armstrong’s oldest brother, married an Ella Crawford after he moved to California in 1862. However, Ella Crawford was born in California.
The PHP Gedcom site will expand this family as I the research unfolds and the identity of various family members are confirmed. So, I hope you will visit often.
RHB
No comments:
Post a Comment