Tuesday, January 15, 2019

A New Year  2019
A few months ago (during 2018), I told some of my children that I wanted to have a family gathering during 2019.  I said I can't do it , but if you will take charge , I'll pay for it.  Well, it has moved forward with a date set for March 30 -April 1 , 2019.  The venue has been set for Overton, Nevada.  I will be able to stay in my own home during the event and be with my guests during the three days of planned activity.  It most likely will be the last time that I will be together with all of my descendants and so I'm hopeful that everyone will come.  Transportation for some will be a big expense, for others ,not so much.    Once they get here I will pick up the expense for meals and some lodging.  Kathleen is doing most of the planning and all seems to be on schedule.  I will have about 70 guests including spouses and friends, grand children and great grandchildren.
I'm in the process of making for each couple of my grandchildren (15), as they are all married or have a friend, a remembrance gift and for each great grandchild (25), a remembrance gift .  I have a couple of months to finish this project.  The great grandchildren range in age from 1 year to 18 years.  So, my gifts will be varied. 
I continue to be blessed with the health to work in my shop and follow plans in constructing items that are a little bit artistic and which will remind my descendants of their only living patriarch.  I have not been good at letting them know of my testimony of the Lord Jesus Christ.  I wish that to be the gift that they would remember me by.  That I was a devoted follower of Jesus, my God, that I served Him by assisting with His church and Kingdom on the earth.  That, I was a Savior on Mount Zion, having arranged for 100's of cousins from my wife's side of the family as well as from the Brooks side to receive covenants pertaining to their salvation since they could not receive them while on earth or did not take advantage of the opportunity when salvation was available.    I have left a family tree that shows each one how they are related to those who have gone before them, i.e. familysearch. org. UN rhbrooks,   I have received miracles and the answer to all my prayers and I know that my redeemer will redeem me.  I have been sinful, but I have tried to follow my redeemer.   Because of His righteousness, I will be forgiven through my hope and faith upon Him..
So much for the beginning of a new year.
RHB                                                                                   

2 comments:

Taunya Brooks said...

Thanks for putting this together dad. It's going to be a celebration of your life! Thanks for sharing your testimony.

Shauna said...

I am so looking forward to this celebration.