Mentally, I’ve made some goals for the New Year, but that is dangerous because at my age the brain deteriorates and it may be hard to keep on top of my goals. But, so be it. For more than 20 years now I’ve kept a day planner in order to plan each day and to set goals. It was very effective during those years of international work before retirement. But now, my day planning is not like it used to be, so I’m looking for a different devise to keep track of appointments and record significant events that occur only on occasions.
A recent event that occurred here in Charbonneau was the visit of our son, David and his wife, Taunya, from Utah. Since he is my oldest, I tend to rely upon him for advise and help in matters relating to technology. He has been of great help and their visit was much appreciated. Taunya worked here in our home most of the time she was here in cleaning the house from stem to stern; another great blessing to us both.
On Sunday, January 16, the family, all of our children and their spouses were invited to a family dinner to become better acquainted and catch up on family news. We prepared the meal which included a prime rib roast, a gratin potatoes, brussell sprouts, and a slaw salad, all very nutritious but not very fancy. Of course, rolls were on the menu courtesy yours truly. It was a delightful occasion and the first time we were all together since our 60th wedding anniversary.
In addition to all of our children being present, our granddaughter, Jennifer and her husband Terry and their two children, Ethyn and Natasha (newly born) as well as Blake, Kathleen’s son. In this blog are some of the photos taken during and after the dinner which you may find interesting especially as to how we are all appearing at middle aged people.
History takes place in all our lives and it is up to us to record it for future generations.

3 comments:
Wish we could of been there too. The food sounded amazing.
Hope to see you soon.
WE loved your folks being here. Your web site is great. I loved the pics. Is Chris doing any more on his family history? can he still get into PhPGedView?
Love, Gdpa
That was a great party and it was fun seeing everyone together. I love getting together and laughing...we shared some video of the boys when they were young and living with Skip and I. It was a memory I can't forget (and can't stop laughing!). They were fun.
Post a Comment