

A Sunday Thought
I continue to struggle with the matter of communicating with the family. My initial thinking was to use this Blog as a way to keep the family abreast with famil;y history. Also, I have published on the Internet a PhpGedView site that shows how we are all related and connected both presently and in the past. I have tried to keep up with the family
information at least from my perspective and I hope it has been of some interest. However, it seems to me, that most of you either do not understand that family communication is a two way process or you do not want to communicate. Or, perhaps some do not understand the power of this particular method of communicating which makes it relatively easy. This Blog has been set up with a restricted list of readers and authors (which can be expanded without limits). An author means that you can prepare a Blog page with photos and text communicating to others on the list family historical events. Yet, during the time that this Blog has existed, no one has contributed an event of any kind. Finally, you simply may not have time to communicate with the family. The day has long past when letters were written to family members. It seems we are caught up in the gadgetry of cell phones, email, and Ipods or pads for personal communication. Or, we use it as an excuse. Of course, this communication is one of them, but with two way power.
I continue to struggle with the matter of communicating with the family. My initial thinking was to use this Blog as a way to keep the family abreast with famil;y history. Also, I have published on the Internet a PhpGedView site that shows how we are all related and connected both presently and in the past. I have tried to keep up with the family
information at least from my perspective and I hope it has been of some interest. However, it seems to me, that most of you either do not understand that family communication is a two way process or you do not want to communicate. Or, perhaps some do not understand the power of this particular method of communicating which makes it relatively easy. This Blog has been set up with a restricted list of readers and authors (which can be expanded without limits). An author means that you can prepare a Blog page with photos and text communicating to others on the list family historical events. Yet, during the time that this Blog has existed, no one has contributed an event of any kind. Finally, you simply may not have time to communicate with the family. The day has long past when letters were written to family members. It seems we are caught up in the gadgetry of cell phones, email, and Ipods or pads for personal communication. Or, we use it as an excuse. Of course, this communication is one of them, but with two way power.
This past month, a new event has been the birth of a new great grandchild, Natasha Ruh, the first child of the Terance Ruh and Jennifer Brooks marriage. I mentioned the event earlier via the PhpGedView email list.
Kathleen had a party last night to see the baby and to get better acquainted. As you know, Natasha has coal black hair and lots of it. I mentioned earlier, also, that she reminds us of our first daughter, Vivian Rae, when she was born nearly 60 years ago. I presented at the party to Natasha a Seth Thomas Mantel Clock exactly like the one that my grandpa Brooks presented to his wife when he got married 110 years ago. That clock was presented to Shawn Brooks a number of years ago and who will eventualy pass it along to one of his descendants. The clock I presented to Natasha has a time capsule in it that should not be opened until Natasha is married. The parents have been given custody of the clock until
that event occurs.
that event occurs.
Earlier on Friday, we visited the cemetery in Eugene and took flowers to the grave sites. Anita is shown standing at the grave of Vivian Rae. It is a beautiful area and we were grateful to be there.
RHB
1 comment:
Grandpa - I did not realize you wanted us to post on this blog. I have been keeping up with family updates on our blog...
Miss you and love you! Hope to see you often in 2011.
Post a Comment