
The Younger Royal H. Brooks
It has been four years since my wife, Anita Loe passed away and I have had considerable peace and comfort living in the close vicinity of my brother, Loren Brooks, age 84. Almost without exception, we arrange to meet each and every day. I miss very much my married life with my wife Anita, but the loneliness that would have followed after her passing has been swallowed up in my association with my brother and his family, visitation and helpfulness of my children, my being consumed with my hobby of working with wood (pen and segmented vessels) and family history and temple work. The Lord has greatly blessed me in that regard and in having two homes , each of which provide me with a wonderful climate in which to live. My home in Overton, Nevada is a winter home where the climate is very mild from November to May and a home in Bountiful, Utah where the climate is Spring and Summer. I have a wonderful wood shop in both Overton and Bountiful. In Bountiful , I have a small space where I can do some vegetable gardening.
Since I have a daughter and her husband that have moved to Saint George and a son that has a winter home in Saint George, I get to see them quite often. In fact my daughter, Shauna, mentioned above usually comes to see me each Wednesday when we study antique clock repair. I have two grandchildren that live in Las Vegas. Overton is about midway between Las Vegas and Saint George, an Hour and 10 minutes from Overton.
No comments:
Post a Comment